Discover the Most Cargo Space Midsize SUV Options for 2023
When it comes to the most cargo space midsize SUVs, these vehicles are a perfect blend of practicality and versatility. With ample room for passengers and their belongings, these SUVs have become increasingly popular among drivers who need both space and comfort.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the features that make a midsize SUV stand out in terms of cargo capacity and compare it to other essential attributes such as safety ratings, cost considerations, maintenance requirements, and available accessories or upgrades. We’ll discuss popular models known for offering the largest cargo areas while maintaining other essential attributes such as safety ratings, cost considerations, maintenance requirements, and available accessories or upgrades.
By understanding what sets apart the most cargo space midsize SUVs from their competitors in the market, you can make an informed decision when choosing your next vehicle. So let’s dive in!
Table of Contents:
- Chevrolet Traverse – The Top Performer
- Buick Enclave – Luxury Midsize SUV with Ample Space
- Ford Explorer & Kia Telluride – Spacious Choices
- Honda Pilot’s Updated Design for More Convenience
- Hyundai Palisade – Impressive Towing Capacity
- Jeep Grand Cherokee L – Luxurious Interior & Advanced Tech
- Volkswagen Atlas – Ride Comfort & Towing Capabilities
- Frequently Asked Questions Most Cargo Space Midsize Suv
Chevrolet Traverse – The Top Performer
Among all tested models, the 2023 Chevrolet Traverse offers the most cargo space in midsize SUVs with 23 cubic feet behind its rear seats. Its simple yet expansive interior design impressed Consumer Reports during road tests and received average scores for predicted owner satisfaction and reliability. This model also scored high marks on all tests conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Interior Design and Features
The Chevy Traverse boasts a spacious cabin that can comfortably accommodate up to eight passengers across three rows of seating. With manual-folding seats in both the second and third row, this SUV allows for easy configuration changes depending on your cargo needs. In addition to its impressive total cargo capacity of 98.2 cubic feet when both rows are folded down, it also features numerous storage compartments throughout the cabin to keep smaller items organized.
Predicted Owner Satisfaction and Reliability
- Satisfaction: According to Consumer Reports’ surveys, owners have reported being generally satisfied with their purchase of a Chevrolet Traverse due to factors such as comfort, performance, styling, fuel economy, and overall value.
- Reliability: Although not at the top of its class in terms of reliability ratings from J.D Power or Consumer Reports rankings among other midsize SUVs like Kia Telluride or Hyundai Palisade; however it still maintains an average score which is commendable considering competition within this segment.
The Chevy Traverse is a great selection for those who require an SUV with ample storage room and top-notch safety elements. The Buick Enclave offers luxury amenities, modern styling, and more than enough room to carry all your passengers in comfort.
Buick Enclave – Luxury Midsize SUV with Ample Space
Ranking second among luxury midsize SUVs is the Buick Enclave, which underwent a complete redesign for the 2018 model year. Owners report being satisfied with its driving experience as it comes standard with several Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), a user-friendly touchscreen interface, and Amazon Alexa integration.
The Buick Enclave’s redesign focused on enhancing both its exterior and interior aesthetics while maintaining its reputation for offering ample room in all three rows of seating. The result is an elegant yet spacious vehicle that boasts one of the largest cargo capacities in its class, providing up to 97.6 cubic feet of total cargo capacity when both rear rows are folded down.
- Largest cargo space: With seats folded, this midsize SUV offers an impressive maximum capacity ideal for transporting large items or accommodating extra luggage during road trips.
- Elegant design: The sleek lines and refined details give the Buick Enclave a sophisticated appearance that stands out from other vehicles within the segment.
- Premium materials: High-quality leather upholstery and soft-touch surfaces throughout the cabin create a luxurious environment perfect for long drives or daily commutes alike.
Standard ADAS features
In addition to having one of the highest cargo spaces available among midsize SUVs, Buick has also equipped their flagship model with various advanced safety technologies designed to make every journey safer and more enjoyable. Some notable standard ADAS features include:
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: This system monitors for approaching vehicles when reversing, alerting the driver if a potential collision is detected.
- Blind Spot Monitoring: By using radar sensors, this feature helps detect vehicles in the Enclave’s blind spots and provides visual warnings on side mirrors to assist drivers during lane changes.
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning: This technology detects unintentional drifting from the intended lane and gently guides the vehicle back into its proper position while also providing audible alerts.
These advanced safety features not only contribute to an enhanced driving experience but also provide peace of mind for Buick Enclave owners who value both space and security in their midsize SUVs. This luxury vehicle remains a favored selection for those seeking an amalgamation of style, comfort, and practicality in their midsize SUV.
The Buick Enclave is an ideal choice for luxury SUV drivers looking for ample cargo space and a host of advanced driver assistance features. For those seeking even more storage capacity, the Ford Explorer and Kia Telluride are both excellent options to consider.
Key Takeaway: The Buick Enclave is a luxury midsize SUV that offers ample space and cargo capacity, with up to 97.6 cubic feet of total cargo capacity when both rear rows are folded down. The Enclave provides a secure drive with its cutting-edge safety features, like Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Monitoring and Lane Keep Assist plus Departure Warning.
Ford Explorer & Kia Telluride – Spacious Choices
When it comes to midsize SUVs with ample cargo space, the Ford Explorer and Kia Telluride stand out as excellent choices. Both vehicles offer a combination of spacious interiors, powerful engines, and advanced features that make them popular among SUV drivers.
Storage Capacity Comparison Between Ford Explorer & Kia Telluride
- Ford Explorer: The Ford Explorer provides an impressive 18.2 cubic feet of storage behind its third row. With the rear seats folded down, this expands to a maximum cargo capacity of 87.8 cubic feet.
- Kia Telluride: The highly spacious Kia Telluride features three rows of seating with a total cargo capacity ranging from 21 cubic feet behind the third-row seats up to an expansive 87 cubic feet when both rear rows are folded down.
In terms of overall interior space, both models provide ample room for passengers and their precious cargo while still maintaining sleek exterior designs that appeal to car enthusiasts.
The Ford Explorer offers strong fuel-efficient turbocharged engine options such as its standard EcoBoost engine which delivers power without sacrificing efficiency on long drives or during city commutes. On the other hand, the Kia Telluride is equipped with a robust V6 engine that generates enough power for smooth acceleration even when fully loaded with passengers and luggage.
To sum up this comparison between these two top-performing midsize SUVs, both the Ford Explorer and Kia Telluride offer a wide range of features, spacious interiors, and powerful engines that make them ideal choices for those seeking ample cargo space in their next vehicle. For more information on these models as well as other options available in the SUV market, be sure to explore our comprehensive guide on new SUVs and prices.
The Ford Explorer and Kia Telluride offer a great combination of cargo space, performance, and value. However, Honda Pilot is also set to make an impact in the midsize SUV market with its upcoming updates for increased convenience.
Key Takeaway: The Ford Explorer and Kia Telluride are excellent choices for midsize SUVs with ample cargo space. The Explorer offers an impressive 18.2 cubic feet of storage behind its third row, while the highly spacious Telluride features three rows of seating with a total cargo capacity ranging from 21 to 87 cubic feet when both rear rows are folded down.
Honda Pilot’s Updated Design for More Convenience
The Honda Pilot, renowned for its roomy cabin and dependable performance, has been updated with a more convenient design. With the upcoming redesign, Honda aims to make this already impressive vehicle even more convenient and user-friendly. In this section, we will discuss some of the key updates to the Honda Pilot and how they contribute to its overall appeal.
Upcoming Updates to Honda Pilot
- New exterior design: The redesigned Honda Pilot is expected to feature a sleeker, more modern look that will set it apart from other vehicles in its class.
- Improved fuel efficiency: Thanks to advancements in engine technology and weight reduction measures, the new model should offer better fuel economy than previous versions.
- User-friendly infotainment system: A revamped touchscreen interface with improved graphics and faster response times will make navigating through menus easier than ever before.
New Convenience-Focused ADAS Additions
In addition to these aesthetic and performance improvements, the updated Honda Pilot also comes with several Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) features designed for added convenience on the road. Some of these include:
- Honda Sensing Suite, which offers adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, collision mitigation braking system (CMBS), road departure mitigation system (RDM), traffic sign recognition (TSR), blind spot information system (BSI) with cross traffic monitor,
- Rearview camera with dynamic guidelines,
- . Parking sensors for both front and rear bumpers,.
- Hands-free power tailgate, allowing you to open and close the cargo area with a simple foot gesture.
Honda seeks to make the Pilot an appealing pick for those seeking a midsize SUV with plenty of cargo capacity, modern tech features, and maximum comfort. Keep an eye out for the redesigned Honda Pilot as it hits dealerships soon.
The Honda Pilot’s updated design provides more convenience for car enthusiasts, and its ADAS additions are sure to please. Hyundai Palisade takes the midsize SUV market a step further with impressive exterior styling and increased towing capabilities.
Key Takeaway: The Honda Pilot midsize SUV has been given a makeover with an aerodynamic exterior, enhanced fuel economy, and intuitive infotainment system. The updated model also comes with several Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) features designed for added convenience on the road such as parking sensors, hands-free power tailgate, and Honda Sensing Suite.
Hyundai Palisade – Impressive Towing Capacity
The Hyundai Palisade is a highly spacious midsize SUV that not only offers plenty of cargo space but also showcases updated styling. With its impressive towing capacity, it provides ample room without sacrificing style or functionality in this highly competitive segment of the SUV market.
Updated Exterior and Interior Styling
The Hyundai Palisade features a bold exterior design with sleek lines and an imposing front grille. The interior boasts luxurious materials, comfortable seats, and advanced technology to keep passengers entertained on long drives. The total cargo capacity behind the rear row is 18 cubic feet which can be expanded up to 86.4 cubic feet when both rear rows are folded down.
The Hyundai Palisade stands out from other midsize SUVs with its impressive towing capacity, providing plenty of hauling potential for your precious cargo or recreational gear. When properly equipped with the available tow package, this powerful vehicle can tow up to 5,000 pounds – perfect for those who need extra hauling capabilities for their precious cargo or recreational equipment like boats and trailers.
- Tow Package: To maximize your towing potential, opt for the available Tow Hitch & Harness Kit which includes necessary wiring connections as well as trailer sway control feature ensuring safe travels while pulling heavy loads.
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC): This useful feature prevents rollback when starting uphill by maintaining brake pressure until you press the accelerator pedal making steep inclines less daunting even when towing heavy items behind you.
- All-Wheel Drive (AWD): The available HTRAC AWD system provides improved traction and control on various road conditions, making it easier to tow your cargo confidently regardless of the terrain.
In summary, the Hyundai Palisade is an excellent choice for those seeking a midsize SUV with ample cargo space and impressive towing capabilities. The Hyundai Palisade offers a refined and capable driving experience, with modern features that make it an attractive choice for those seeking a midsize SUV.
The Hyundai Palisade is a great option for those looking to tow heavy loads, as it offers impressive capabilities. For those seeking an even more luxurious experience, the Jeep Grand Cherokee L provides advanced technology and luxury features inside its cabin.
Key Takeaway: The Hyundai Palisade is a midsize SUV that offers plenty of cargo space and impressive towing capabilities. It features updated styling, luxurious materials, comfortable seats, advanced technology, and an available tow package with trailer sway control feature ensuring safe travels while pulling heavy loads. The HTRAC AWD system provides improved traction and control on various road conditions making it easier to tow your cargo confidently regardless of the terrain.
Jeep Grand Cherokee L – Luxurious Interior & Advanced Tech
The Jeep Grand Cherokee L not only boasts a luxurious interior but also comes standard with straightforward tech features and a host of advanced driver-assist systems, making it an excellent choice for those seeking both space and sophistication in their midsize SUV. Let’s delve into the luxury features inside the cabin and explore the cutting-edge driver assistance technology that sets this vehicle apart from its competitors.
Luxury Features Inside the Cabin
The Jeep Grand Cherokee L offers ample room for passengers with three rows of spacious seating, ensuring comfort on long drives. The seats are wrapped in premium materials like Nappa leather or quilted Palermo leather, depending on the trim level chosen. Furthermore, ambient LED lighting adds to the overall elegance of this highly spacious SUV.
- Panoramic Sunroof: The available dual-pane panoramic sunroof allows natural light to fill up your cabin while providing stunning views during road trips.
- Heated and Ventilated Seats: Both front-row occupants can enjoy heated and ventilated seats, ensuring optimal comfort regardless of weather conditions outside.
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control: This feature allows you to set individual temperature preferences for different areas within your vehicle – perfect when traveling with family members who have varying climate needs.
Driver Assistance Technology
In addition to its stylish design elements, Jeep has equipped the Grand Cherokee L with various state-of-the-art safety technologies aimed at enhancing driving experiences while keeping passengers secure. Some key highlights include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go: This system helps maintain a set distance from the vehicle in front of you, automatically adjusting your speed to match theirs. It can even bring your SUV to a complete stop if necessary.
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist: If the Grand Cherokee L detects that you’re unintentionally drifting out of your lane, it will alert you and gently steer you back into position.
- Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking: This feature warns drivers when they are approaching another vehicle too quickly, applying brakes if needed to avoid potential collisions.
The Grand Cherokee L offers an ideal blend of opulent interior amenities and advanced driver-assist technologies, making it the perfect choice for those who demand both space and luxury in their midsize SUV. For those seeking the ultimate combination of luxury, functionality and cargo space, the Jeep Grand Cherokee L is an ideal choice.
Key Takeaway: The Jeep Grand Cherokee L is a midsize SUV that offers both space and sophistication. Its luxurious interior features include premium materials, ambient LED lighting, panoramic sunroof, heated and ventilated seats, and tri-zone automatic climate control. For further peace of mind, the Jeep Grand Cherokee L offers an array of advanced driver-assist systems including adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go, lane departure warning with lane keep assist and forward collision warning with active braking.
Volkswagen Atlas – Ride Comfort & Towing Capabilities
The Volkswagen Atlas is a midsize SUV that offers plenty of cargo space, making it an excellent choice for those who need extra room without sacrificing style or functionality. In this section, we will discuss the ride comfort and towing capabilities of the 2023 Volkswagen Atlas.
Ride Quality Aspects
The Volkswagen Atlas stands out for its superior ride quality, achieved through a finely-tuned suspension system and generous interior space. The finely tuned suspension of the Volkswagen Atlas offers a superior ride quality, providing passengers with an enjoyable and comfortable experience regardless of road conditions. Additionally, its spacious seats ensure passengers have ample legroom and headroom throughout their journey.
- Suspension System: The well-designed suspension absorbs bumps and rough patches effectively, ensuring a smooth drive.
- Spacious Seats: With generous seating space in all three rows, passengers can enjoy long trips without feeling cramped.
- Noise Insulation: The cabin remains quiet even at highway speeds thanks to effective noise insulation materials used throughout the interior design.
Towing Capacity Comparison
In addition to providing maximum cargo capacity within its class, the 2023 Volkswagen Atlas also boasts an impressive towing capability. When properly equipped with a V6 engine and optional tow package, this versatile SUV can tow up to 5,000 pounds – perfect for hauling boats or trailers during weekend getaways or family vacations.
Frequently Asked Questions Most Cargo Space Midsize Suv
What SUV has the most amount of cargo space?
The Chevrolet Traverse offers the most cargo space among midsize SUVs, with a maximum capacity of 98.2 cubic feet when both rear rows are folded down. This spacious interior makes it an excellent choice for families and outdoor enthusiasts alike. For more information on its features, visit Chevrolet’s official website.
Which SUV has the most room on the inside?
The Buick Enclave boasts one of the roomiest interiors in its class, offering up to 97.6 cubic feet of cargo space and comfortable seating for seven passengers. Its luxurious cabin design and advanced technology make it an attractive option for those seeking ample interior space. Learn more about this model at Buick’s official website.
Do minivans or SUVs have more cargo space?
In general, minivans tend to offer greater overall cargo capacity compared to midsize SUVs due to their boxy shape and versatile seating configurations. However, some larger three-row SUVs can compete with minivans in terms of storage capabilities while providing additional off-road performance or towing capacities.
What mid-size SUV has the best overall rating?
The Kia Telluride consistently receives high ratings across various categories such as safety, reliability, comfort, and performance from industry experts like Kelley Blue Book (source) and U.S News & World Report (source). Its combination of a spacious interior, advanced technology, and impressive driving dynamics make it a top choice among midsize SUVs.
In conclusion, most cargo space midsize SUVs are a great choice for car enthusiasts and SUV drivers who need extra room to transport their items. These vehicles provide plenty of storage capacity while still maintaining excellent safety ratings and fuel efficiency. They can also be upgraded with accessories such as roof racks or running boards to further enhance the vehicle’s utility capabilities. With all these features combined, it is easy to see why most cargo space midsize SUVs remain popular among drivers today.
Discover the most cargo space midsize SUVs on newsuv.org and compare prices to find the best deal for your budget! Get informed and make an educated decision today.
- Lincoln MKX vs Cadillac SRX: A Detailed SUV Comparison
- Nissan Murano vs Ford Explorer: An In-Depth SUV Showdown
- Battle of Luxuries: Maserati SUV vs Jaguar SUV Comparison
- Honda HR-V vs Chevy Trax: A Comprehensive SUV Showdown
- Honda Crosstour vs Toyota Venza: Detailed SUV Comparison
- Audi Q7 vs Porsche Cayenne: The Ultimate SUV Showdown
- Thrilling Speed: Your Ultimate Guide to the Quickest SUVs
- Apocalypse Jeep Price: A Deep Dive into Off-Road Luxury
- Discovering the Giants: A Journey Through the Heaviest SUVs
- Nissan Pathfinder vs Dodge Durango: An In-Depth SUV Showdown
- Exploring the Best Fuel Efficient Luxury SUVs Today
- Consumer Reports Unmasks: The Least Reliable SUVs of 2023
- Finding the Best SUV for Large Dogs: Comfort and Space Guide
- Discovering 2023’s Cheapest Electric SUVs for Value Seekers
- Exploring the Ins and Outs: What is a Full-Size SUV?
- Nissan Murano vs Ford Edge: A Comprehensive SUV Showdown
- Decoding the Average SUV Weight
- Subaru Showdown: Which is Bigger – Outback or Forester?
- Exploring What are the Most Reliable Used SUVs Today
- Mazda CX-3 vs CX-30: Comprehensive SUV Comparison Review