Ford Edge vs Nissan Murano: In-Depth SUV Comparison
Comparing the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano in terms of midsize SUVs, a fierce rivalry ensues. Both vehicles possess their own distinguishing traits and capacities that make them outshine the rest in this competitive market. In this blog post, we will delve deep into various aspects of these two popular SUVs, comparing their performance, interior and exterior features, as well as pricing.
The first section will provide an overview of both the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano along with highlighting their respective pros and cons. Next up, we’ll compare their performance attributes such as acceleration, handling, fuel economy, range and towing capacity.
Moving on to interior features comparison; seating capacity & cargo space considerations come into play alongside technological advancements available within each vehicle’s cabin environment. Comfort levels are also taken into account when discussing convenience amenities offered by both models.
In terms of exterior design elements; styling cues for each model will be scrutinized while safety enhancements remain a top priority in our assessment process. Off-road capability comparisons will round off this portion before we move onto pricing analysis which includes MSRP evaluations plus package options available for purchase or lease agreements.
To wrap things up at the end; overall performance metrics combined with standout interior/exterior feature highlights help determine which option – Ford Edge or Nissan Murano – emerges victorious from our comprehensive evaluation process.
Table of Contents:
- Ford Edge
- Nissan Murano
- Performance Comparison
- Interior Features Comparison
- Exterior Features Comparison
- Frequently Asked Questions Ford Edge vs Nissan Murano
1. Ford Edge
The Ford Edge is a midsize sport utility vehicle that provides an optimal combination of performance, comfort and cutting-edge tech features for both auto fans and SUV drivers. In this section, we will analyze the advantages and disadvantages of owning a Ford Edge to help car enthusiasts and SUV drivers make an informed decision.
The Ford Edge has been in production since 2006 and currently stands in its second generation (2015-present). The Edge is outfitted with various engine choices, such as the fuel-thrifty turbocharged 4-cylinder EcoBoost or a more potent V6 for those who want extra oomph on the highway. With seating for up to five passengers, it provides ample space without compromising on style or functionality.
- Performance: The available engines provide adequate power for daily driving situations while still maintaining impressive fuel efficiency ratings.
- Safety Features: The Ford Edge boasts numerous standard safety features such as forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring system, lane-keeping assist system among others which ensure driver confidence on the road.
- User-friendly Technology: Equipped with SYNC 4 infotainment system featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility along with other advanced connectivity options make it easy to stay connected while driving.
- Ride Comfort: Its well-tuned suspension ensures comfortable ride quality even over rough surfaces making long drives enjoyable experiences.
- Towing Capacity: Ford edge’s towing capacity is lower than some of its competitors, limiting its utility for those who require a vehicle capable of towing heavier loads.
- Interior Quality: While the cabin design and materials are generally satisfactory, they may not be as upscale or refined as those found in rival SUVs within the same price range.
- Rear Seat Space: Although it offers ample seating space for five passengers, taller adults might find rear-seat legroom to be slightly cramped compared to other midsize SUVs on the market.
In this competitive segment, Ford Edge stands out with its impressive performance capabilities and advanced safety features. However, it’s essential to weigh these pros against cons like limited towing capacity and interior quality before making your final decision. Stay tuned as we compare the Ford Edge with another popular midsize SUV – Nissan Murano – in subsequent sections.
The Ford Edge is a reliable, efficient SUV that provides great value for money. With its impressive features and competitive pricing, the Nissan Murano promises to be an even more compelling option.
2. Nissan Murano
The Nissan Murano is a midsize SUV that offers a comfortable ride, upscale interior, and plenty of standard features. In this section, we will discuss the overview of the vehicle along with its pros and cons.
The Nissan Murano has been in production since 2003 and is currently in its third generation. The Murano is powered by a 260-hp V6 engine combined with an Xtronic CVT, allowing for efficient and responsive driving. The Murano seats up to five passengers comfortably while offering ample cargo space for your belongings.
- Premium Interior: The cabin of the Nissan Murano boasts high-quality materials, soft-touch surfaces, and attractive design elements that give it an upscale feel.
- Safety Features: Standard safety features on the Murano include automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, rear cross-traffic alert, blind-spot warning system, lane departure warning system among others which can be found on their official website’s Safety Shield 360 page.
- User-friendly Technology: The infotainment system in the Nissan Murano is easy to use thanks to its intuitive interface featuring Apple CarPlay®ï¸and Android Autoâ„¢ï¸ integration as well as voice recognition capabilities.
- Fuel Efficiency: With EPA estimates of 20 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway, the Murano offers competitive fuel economy for its class.
- Less Sporty Handling: While offering a comfortable ride, some drivers may find that the Nissan Murano lacks sporty handling compared to rivals like Ford Edge.
- Limited Towing Capacity: The towing capacity of the Nissan Murano is limited to just 1,500 pounds which might not be sufficient for those who need to tow heavier loads.
- No Hybrid Option: Unlike some competitors in this segment, there is no hybrid or plug-in hybrid version available for eco-conscious buyers looking at new SUVs and prices.
In comparison with its rival Ford Edge, Nissan Murano has a more luxurious interior but falls short when it comes to sporty driving dynamics and towing capabilities. In our next sections we will further compare these two midsize SUVs based on their performance metrics as well as interior and exterior features before discussing pricing options available for both vehicles.
The Murano from Nissan provides a comprehensive selection of attributes and capabilities that make it an appealing pick for those seeking out an SUV. Performance comparison is the next step in determining which vehicle best suits your needs.
3. Performance Comparison
When it comes to choosing between the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano, performance is a crucial factor for many drivers. In this section, we will compare their acceleration and handling, fuel economy and range, as well as towing capacity.
a. Acceleration and Handling
The Ford Edge offers two engine options: a standard 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine producing 250 horsepower or an available 2.7-liter V6 EcoBoost engine generating 335 horsepower in the ST trim level. The Nissan Murano, on the other hand, comes with a single powertrain option – a 3.5-liter V6 engine that delivers 260 horsepower.
In terms of acceleration, both SUVs offer decent performance; however, the Ford Edge has an edge (pun intended) when equipped with its more powerful V6 engine option in the ST trim level. As for handling capabilities, both vehicles provide smooth rides with precise steering control but may not be considered sporty by driving enthusiasts.
b. Fuel Economy and Range
- Ford Edge: According to EPA estimates, the base model achieves up to 21 mpg city /29 mpg highway /24 mpg combined.
- Nissan Murano: The EPA rates it at up to20mpg city /28mpg highway /23mpg combined.
While these numbers are relatively close together in terms of fuel efficiency ratings ,the Ford Edge slightly outperforms Nissan Murano when comparing base models.
c. Towing Capacity
For those who require a vehicle with towing capabilities, the Ford Edge has an advantage over the Nissan Murano. The Edge offers more towing power, with a maximum of 3,500 lbs when outfitted properly, in contrast to the Murano’s 1,500 lb limit. This difference in towing capacity could be a deciding factor for drivers who need their SUVs for more heavy-duty tasks.
The performance comparison between the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano shows that both vehicles offer good acceleration, fuel economy, and towing capacity. Let’s evaluate the two cars in terms of seating room, technology options, and comfort/convenience features.
4. Interior Features Comparison
When choosing between the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano, it’s essential to consider their interior features, as these can greatly impact your driving experience. In this section, we will compare seating and cargo space, technology features, comfort and convenience in both SUVs.
a. Seating and Cargo Space
The Ford Edge offers spacious seating for up to five passengers with ample headroom and legroom in both rows. The rear seats can be folded down to provide a maximum cargo capacity of 73.4 cubic feet when needed.
In comparison, the Nissan Murano also comfortably accommodates five passengers but has slightly less overall cargo space at 67 cubic feet when the rear seats are folded down.
b. Technology Features
- Ford Edge: Equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility along with a Wi-Fi hotspot for seamless connectivity on-the-go.
- Nissan Murano: Comes standard with an 8-inch touchscreen display that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration as well as Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free phone calls or streaming audio from compatible devices.
c. Comfort and Convenience Features
The Ford Edge provides drivers with various amenities such as dual-zone automatic climate control, power-adjustable front seats, push-button start functionality among others which make daily commutes more enjoyable experiences. On the other hand , Nissan Murano offers similar features like dual-zone automatic climate control, power-adjustable front seats and push-button start. Additionally, the Murano comes with a standard panoramic sunroof that adds an extra touch of luxury to your drive.
Both vehicles provide additional amenities, like heated/ventilated seats, leather interior, and top-notch sound systems for those looking to further boost their ride.
The interior features of the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano provide a range of options for car enthusiasts, from seating to technology. Moving on to exterior features comparison, let’s take a look at how these two SUVs differ in design and safety.
5. Exterior Features Comparison
When comparing the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano, it’s essential to consider their exterior features as well. Both SUVs offer unique design elements, safety features, and off-road capabilities that cater to different preferences among car enthusiasts and SUV drivers.
a. Design and Styling
The Ford Edge boasts a bold yet sleek design with its dynamic grille, smooth lines, and modern LED lighting. The sculpted body gives it an athletic stance that is both stylish and functional for improved aerodynamics.
In contrast, the Nissan Murano offers a more futuristic look with its floating roofline design element coupled with V-motion front end styling. The sharp contours of the vehicle give it an elegant appearance while still maintaining a sporty edge.
b. Safety Features
Safety is paramount when choosing an SUV; luckily both Ford Edge and Nissan Murano come equipped with advanced safety technologies designed to keep you protected on the road.
- Ford Edge: Standard safety features include Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam Headlamps, and Rear View Camera.
- Nissan Murano: Equipped standardly with Nissan Safety Shield 360 technology which includes Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection, Rear Automatic Braking (RAB), Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), High Beam Assist, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
c. Off-Road Capability
For those who enjoy venturing off the beaten path, it’s important to consider the off-road capabilities of both SUVs:
- Ford Edge: The Ford Edge comes standard with front-wheel drive but offers an available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system that continuously monitors traction and balances torque between the front and rear wheels for optimal handling on various terrains.
- Nissan Murano: Nissan Murano also features a standard front-wheel-drive configuration; however, its available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system provides improved grip in challenging conditions by distributing power to all four wheels when needed.
In this exterior features comparison between Ford Edge vs Nissan Murano, we can see that both vehicles offer distinctive design elements catering to different tastes while providing advanced safety technologies and off-road capabilities suitable for diverse driving needs.
Frequently Asked Questions Ford Edge vs Nissan Murano
Is a Nissan Murano bigger than a Ford Edge?
The Nissan Murano is slightly larger than the Ford Edge in terms of overall dimensions. The Murano has a length of 192.8 inches, width of 75.4 inches, and height of 67.8 inches, while the Edge measures at 188.8 inches long, 75.9 inches wide, and 68.3 inches tall.
Which Nissan is comparable to Ford Edge?
The most comparable Nissan model to the Ford Edge would be the Nissan Murano. Both are midsize SUVs that offer similar performance capabilities, interior features, exterior styling options as well as pricing.
What are the negatives with the Ford Edge?
Some drawbacks associated with the Ford Edge include its less-than-impressive fuel economy compared to competitors in its class and limited rear-seat legroom for taller passengers.
Why is Ford discontinuing the Edge?
Ford has not officially confirmed plans to discontinue their popular midsize SUV; however, there have been rumors about it being phased out due to shifting consumer preferences towards smaller crossovers like Escape or Bronco Sport and full-size models such as Explorer or Expedition.
No definite victor is discernible when contrasting the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano. Both vehicles offer excellent performance and features that make them great choices for car enthusiasts or SUV drivers looking for a reliable vehicle. The Edge offers more power with its V6 engine while the Murano has better fuel economy. The interior of both models have plenty of room and high-tech amenities, but the exterior design may be a deciding factor depending on personal preference. Ultimately, it is a matter of individual needs and budget that will determine which one of these two SUVs best suits your lifestyle.
Compare the features and prices of Ford Edge and Nissan Murano to find the best SUV for your budget. Make an informed decision with our expert advice on new SUVs today!
- Lincoln MKX vs Cadillac SRX: A Detailed SUV Comparison
- Nissan Murano vs Ford Explorer: An In-Depth SUV Showdown
- Battle of Luxuries: Maserati SUV vs Jaguar SUV Comparison
- Honda HR-V vs Chevy Trax: A Comprehensive SUV Showdown
- Honda Crosstour vs Toyota Venza: Detailed SUV Comparison
- Audi Q7 vs Porsche Cayenne: The Ultimate SUV Showdown
- Thrilling Speed: Your Ultimate Guide to the Quickest SUVs
- Apocalypse Jeep Price: A Deep Dive into Off-Road Luxury
- Discovering the Giants: A Journey Through the Heaviest SUVs
- Nissan Pathfinder vs Dodge Durango: An In-Depth SUV Showdown
- Exploring the Best Fuel Efficient Luxury SUVs Today
- Consumer Reports Unmasks: The Least Reliable SUVs of 2023
- Finding the Best SUV for Large Dogs: Comfort and Space Guide
- Discovering 2023’s Cheapest Electric SUVs for Value Seekers
- Exploring the Ins and Outs: What is a Full-Size SUV?
- Nissan Murano vs Ford Edge: A Comprehensive SUV Showdown
- Decoding the Average SUV Weight
- Subaru Showdown: Which is Bigger – Outback or Forester?
- Exploring What are the Most Reliable Used SUVs Today
- Mazda CX-3 vs CX-30: Comprehensive SUV Comparison Review