Discover the Best DIESEL AWD SUV Models and Prices Today
When it comes to finding the perfect DIESEL AWD SUV, there are numerous factors that need to be considered. From fuel economy and towing capacity to off-road capabilities and safety features, each brand offers its own unique set of advantages.
This guide will examine the top diesel-powered all-wheel drive SUV models from Ford, Chevrolet, Jeep, Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Hyundai; providing insight into their features and prices as well as pros and cons. We’ll delve into popular models from Ford, Chevrolet, Jeep, Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Hyundai; examining their prices, features as well as pros and cons.
By understanding what each manufacturer has to offer in terms of DIESEL AWD SUV options you can make an informed decision when choosing your next vehicle. So sit back and get ready for a detailed look at these impressive machines.
Table of Contents:
- Ford SUVs with Diesel AWD
- a. Models Available
- b. Prices
- c. Features
- d. Pros and Cons
- Chevrolet SUVs with Diesel AWD
- Jeep SUVs with Diesel AWD
- Toyota SUVs with Diesel AWD
- Frequently Asked Questions Diesel Awd Suv
1. Ford SUVs with Diesel AWD
In this section, we will explore the available Ford SUVs with diesel AWD, their prices, features, pros and cons. Ford offers a selection of diesel-driven AWD SUVs to satisfy different needs and budgets.
a. Models Available
- Ford Everest: This mid-size family-friendly SUV offers both performance and comfort in one package.
- Ford Kuga (also known as Escape): The compact crossover provides an excellent balance between efficiency and power for urban drivers.
- Ford Ranger Raptor: Though primarily a pickup truck, its off-road capabilities make it suitable for those who need an adventure-ready vehicle.
The prices of these Ford diesel AWD SUV models vary depending on the trim level chosen:
- Ford Everest: Starting from $49,490 MSRP*
- Ford Kuga/Escape: Starting from $28,850 MSRP*
- Ford Ranger Raptor: Starting from $77,190 MSRP*
All three models come equipped with advanced safety features such as Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Pre-Collision Assist System (PCAS) among others while also offering creature comforts like SYNC3 infotainment system compatible with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto connectivity options along with premium audio systems.
d. Pros and Cons
Here are some pros and cons of Ford diesel AWD SUVs:
- Fuel-efficient due to the use of diesel engines
- All-wheel-drive capabilities for better traction on various terrains
- Variety in models catering to different needs and budgets
- Potential higher maintenance costs compared to petrol-powered vehicles li > Diesel engine emissions may not be as environmentally friendly as hybrid or electric alternatives ul >In summary, Ford offers a diverse range of diesel AWD SUVs that cater to various needs, preferences, and budgets. These vehicles provide excellent fuel efficiency while maintaining impressive performance capabilities with all-wheel drive systems ensuring optimal handling across different driving conditions.
Ford SUVs with Diesel AWD provide a powerful, efficient and dynamic driving experience that car aficionados find appealing. Moving on to Chevrolet SUVs with Diesel AWD, let’s explore the models available, their prices, features and pros & cons.
Key Takeaway: Ford offers a range of diesel AWD SUVs including the mid-size Everest, compact Kuga/Escape and off-road capable Ranger Raptor. These vehicles provide fuel efficiency and performance with all-wheel drive systems for optimal handling in various driving conditions. However, potential higher maintenance costs and less environmentally friendly emissions are some cons to consider.
2. Chevrolet SUVs with Diesel AWD
If you’re looking for a reliable and powerful diesel AWD SUV, Chevrolet has some excellent options to consider. In this section, we will discuss the available models of Chevrolet SUVs with diesel engines and all-wheel drive systems, their prices, features, as well as pros and cons.
a. Models Available
The most popular Chevrolet diesel AWD SUV is the Chevrolet Equinox. The Equinox, Chevrolet’s popular diesel AWD SUV, features a 1.6L turbo-diesel powerplant coupled with an all-wheel drive system that offers great fuel economy without sacrificing performance.
- Chevrolet Equinox: Starting at $31,400 (MSRP)
The Chevrolet Equinox offers various standard and optional features that make it an attractive choice for those seeking a diesel-powered AWD vehicle:
- Turbo-Diesel Engine: The 1.6L turbo-diesel engine delivers up to 137 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque while offering impressive fuel economy ratings.
- The AWD system is designed to ensure maximum grip on various surfaces by automatically adjusting the power between front and rear axles.
- Safety Technologies: Standard safety features include Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert among others.
- Infotainment System: The available MyLink infotainment system includes Apple CarPlayâ„¢ï¸ compatibility and Android Autoâ„¢ï¸ compatibility, providing seamless integration with your smartphone.
d. Pros and Cons
As with any vehicle, there are pros and cons to consider when looking at Chevrolet diesel AWD SUVs:
- The Equinox’s turbo-diesel engine offers excellent fuel efficiency, making it an ideal option for those looking to save on gas costs.
- The Equinox is designed with a comprehensive array of safety features to ensure your security on the roads.
- The Equinox provides an ideal combination of size and AWD capabilities, making it suitable for both urban cruising and off-road exploration.
- Limited Options: Currently, only one model of Chevrolet SUV comes available in diesel AWD configuration – the Equinox. If you’re looking for more variety or larger vehicles within this category from Chevy, options may be limited.
- Premium Pricing: Diesel-powered models often come at a higher price point compared to their gasoline counterparts due to additional technology requirements such as exhaust after-treatment systems needed for emissions compliance purposes.
Chevrolet’s range of Diesel AWD SUVs provide a wide selection of models, costs and specs to suit any driver. Moving on from Chevrolet, Jeep also offers an array of Diesel AWD SUV‘s for drivers to choose from.
Key Takeaway: Chevy’s sole AWD SUV model, the Equinox, is outfitted with a 1.6L turbo-diesel engine and advanced all-wheel drive system. The Equinox provides impressive fuel efficiency ratings, standard safety technologies, and versatile driving capabilities; however, options may be limited within this category from Chevy and come at a higher price point compared to gasoline models due to additional technology requirements for emissions compliance purposes.
3. Jeep SUVs with Diesel AWD
If you’re looking for a rugged and capable diesel AWD SUV, then Jeep has some great options for you. Famous for their off-road capabilities and iconic style, Jeep offers several models with both diesel powertrains and all-wheel drive systems.
a. Models Available
- Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel: The Grand Cherokee is one of the most popular midsize SUVs on the market, offering a comfortable ride, upscale interior, and impressive off-road capabilities. The available 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel engine provides excellent fuel efficiency while still delivering plenty of power.
- Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel: As an icon in the world of off-roading vehicles, the Wrangler now offers a 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel engine option to provide even more torque for tackling tough terrain while maintaining decent fuel economy numbers.
The prices for these Jeep diesel AWD SUVs can vary depending on trim levels and additional features but generally fall within these ranges:
- Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel: Starting at around $42,000 (MSRP)
- Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel: Starting at around $39,000 (MSRP)
In addition to their powerful diesel engines and advanced all-wheel-drive systems, these Jeep models also offer various standard or optional features such as:
- Uconnect infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Advanced safety features like blind-spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, and forward-collision warning
- Premium interior materials and comfortable seating for up to five passengers
- Towing capacities of up to 7,200 pounds (Grand Cherokee) or 3,500 pounds (Wrangler)
d. Pros and Cons
As with any vehicle purchase decision, there are pros and cons associated with choosing a Jeep diesel AWD SUV:
- Excellent off-road capabilities for both the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler models.
- A range of diesel engines that offer impressive power output without sacrificing performance, while still being fuel-efficient.
- A wide range of available features to customize your driving experience.
- The higher initial cost compared to gasoline-powered counterparts may deter some buyers. >
In summary, if you’re in search of a capable off-roading machine that also offers good fuel economy thanks to its diesel engine option while providing an array of standard or optional features tailored for comfortability on long drives – then Jeep’s lineup is worth considering. With their rugged design backed by decades-long heritage as an off-road leader in the automotive industry – it’s hard not be enticed by these versatile machines.
Jeep SUVs with Diesel AWD are a great choice for car enthusiasts and SUV drivers looking for power, performance, and reliability. Moving on to Toyota SUVs with Diesel AWD, let’s explore the models available, prices, features and more.
Key Takeaway: Jeep offers several diesel AWD SUV models known for their off-road capabilities and iconic design. Both the Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel and Wrangler EcoDiesel boast MSRPs starting at around $42,000 and $39,000 respectively, offering fuel efficiency without compromising on performance alongside features like blind-spot monitoring with towing capacities of up to 7,200 pounds. Both models provide excellent fuel efficiency without sacrificing performance and offer various standard or optional features such as blind-spot monitoring and towing capacities of up to 7,200 pounds.
4. Toyota SUVs with Diesel AWD
Toyota is renowned for its dependability and fuel economy; hence, these models are worth taking into account if you’re searching for a new diesel AWD SUV.
a. Models Available
Toyota offers several diesel-powered all-wheel-drive SUV options to cater to different preferences and budgets. Some popular models include:
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Toyota Fortuner
- Toyota Hilux SW4 (also known as Fortuner in some markets)
- Toyota Prado (Land Cruiser Prado)
The prices of Toyota’s diesel AWD SUVs vary depending on the model and trim level chosen. Here is a general price range for each model:
- Land Cruiser: $85,000 – $90,000+ li > Fortuner: $45 ,000 – $55 ,000+ li > Hilux SW4 :$40 ,000 – $50 ,000+ li > Prado :$60 ,500 – $80 ,500 + ul > c .Features h3 > Toyota ‘s diesel AWD SUVs come with a range of features to enhance your driving experience. Some common features include:
- Advanced safety systems such as Toyota Safety Sense
- Premium interiors with leather seats and woodgrain accents
- Touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility li > Multi -terrain select for optimal off-road performance li > Hill start assist control and downhill assist control ul > d .Pros and Cons h3 > Pros : strong > p > / /Reliability :Toyota is known for its long-lasting vehicles, making their diesel AWD SUVs a wise investment. li> Off-Road Capability: With advanced all-wheel-drive systems and multi-terrain select options, these SUVs can tackle various terrains with ease. > Resale Value: Due to their reliability and popularity, Toyota’s diesel AWD SUVs tend to hold their value well over time. ///
- ///>//>/Limited Availability in some markets: Not all models may be available in every country or region due to varying emissions standards or market preferences. /”>//High Initial Cost: The price tag of some Toyota diesel AWD SUV models can be quite steep compared to other brands’ offerings. /”/>Maintenance Costs: While Toyotas are generally reliable, diesel engines can be more expensive to maintain and repair than gasoline engines. //
Key Takeaway: Toyota offers several diesel-powered all-wheel-drive SUV options, including the Land Cruiser, Fortuner, Hilux SW4 and Prado. These models come with advanced safety systems, premium interiors and off-road capabilities but may have limited availability in some markets and high initial costs.
Frequently Asked Questions Diesel Awd Suv
Is a diesel SUV worth it?
Yes, a diesel SUV can be worth it for those who prioritize fuel efficiency, torque, and long-term durability. Diesel engines typically offer better mileage and lower running costs compared to their gasoline counterparts. However, they may have higher upfront costs and produce more emissions.
What is the best SUV diesel?
The best diesel SUV depends on individual preferences and needs. Some popular options include the Ford F-150 Power Stroke Diesel AWD, Chevrolet Equinox Diesel AWD, Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel AWD, Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series with V8 Turbo-Diesel engine AWD.
What are 3 disadvantages of diesel engines?
- Noisier operation: Diesel engines tend to be louder than gasoline ones due to higher compression ratios.
- Emissions: Diesels emit more particulate matter (PM) and nitrogen oxides (NOx), which contribute to air pollution.
- Cold weather performance: They may face difficulty starting in extremely cold temperatures without proper maintenance or additives.
What is the benefit of a diesel SUV?
A key benefit of owning a diesel-powered SUV is improved fuel economy resulting in cost savings over time. Additionally, these vehicles often provide greater towing capacity due to their high torque output at low RPMs. Lastly, well-maintained diesels can have longer lifespans compared to gasoline engines because they experience less wear-and-tear during operation.Consumer Reports – Pros & Cons Of Diesel Engines
For those seeking a diesel AWD SUV, manufacturers such as Ford, Chevrolet, Jeep and Toyota offer an array of models to choose from. From Ford, Chevrolet, Jeep or Toyota – each offering a selection of diesel-powered AWD SUVs – there is no shortage of options to choose from. When making your decision on which SUV best suits your needs, be sure to research the specifications thoroughly in order to ensure that you are getting exactly what you want out of the vehicle.
Discover the latest AWD SUVs and compare prices to find the best deal for your budget. Take advantage of our resources today and drive away in a new SUV!
- Lincoln MKX vs Cadillac SRX: A Detailed SUV Comparison
- Nissan Murano vs Ford Explorer: An In-Depth SUV Showdown
- Battle of Luxuries: Maserati SUV vs Jaguar SUV Comparison
- Honda HR-V vs Chevy Trax: A Comprehensive SUV Showdown
- Honda Crosstour vs Toyota Venza: Detailed SUV Comparison
- Audi Q7 vs Porsche Cayenne: The Ultimate SUV Showdown
- Thrilling Speed: Your Ultimate Guide to the Quickest SUVs
- Apocalypse Jeep Price: A Deep Dive into Off-Road Luxury
- Discovering the Giants: A Journey Through the Heaviest SUVs
- Nissan Pathfinder vs Dodge Durango: An In-Depth SUV Showdown
- Exploring the Best Fuel Efficient Luxury SUVs Today
- Consumer Reports Unmasks: The Least Reliable SUVs of 2023
- Finding the Best SUV for Large Dogs: Comfort and Space Guide
- Discovering 2023’s Cheapest Electric SUVs for Value Seekers
- Exploring the Ins and Outs: What is a Full-Size SUV?
- Nissan Murano vs Ford Edge: A Comprehensive SUV Showdown
- Decoding the Average SUV Weight
- Subaru Showdown: Which is Bigger – Outback or Forester?
- Exploring What are the Most Reliable Used SUVs Today
- Mazda CX-3 vs CX-30: Comprehensive SUV Comparison Review