Best Diesel SUV with 3 Row Seating: Comparing Models
When it comes to finding the perfect diesel SUV with 3 row seating, there are several options available that cater to various preferences and requirements. In this blog post, we will provide an in-depth analysis of the performance, features and pricing of some top diesel SUV models with 3 row seating.
We will discuss popular models such as the Ford Expedition Diesel, Chevrolet Suburban Diesel, GMC Yukon XL Diesel, Nissan Armada Diesel, Toyota Sequoia Diesel, Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel and Dodge Durango Diesel. By examining each model’s strengths and weaknesses in detail,
you can make an informed decision when choosing your next diesel SUV with 3 row seating. So sit back and enjoy our comprehensive guide on these powerful yet efficient vehicles designed for those who demand both luxury and practicality.
Table of Contents:
- Luxury Diesel SUVs with 3-Row Seating
- Audi Q7 TDI: a large 7-passenger luxury SUV
- BMW X5 xDrive35d: German engineering and strong diesel power
- Mercedes-Benz GL350 Bluetec: state-of-the-art diesel technology
- Off-Road Capable Diesel SUVs with Extra Space
- Large Diesel GM SUVs Perfect for Families
- Cadillac Escalade With Advanced Features
- Land Rover Diesel Options with Off-Road Prowess
- Comparing Audi Q7 TDI and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel
- Frequently Asked Questions Diesel Suv With 3 Row Seating
Luxury Diesel SUVs with 3-Row Seating
When it comes to luxury diesel SUVs with three-row seating, the Audi Q7 TDI and BMW X5 xDrive35d stand out as top contenders. Both offer impressive performance, fuel efficiency, and comfortable interiors for passengers. The Mercedes-Benz GL350 Bluetec is another full-size luxury crossover option that meets emission standards across all states in America.
Audi Q7 TDI: a large 7-passenger luxury SUV
The Audi Q7 TDI is known for its spacious interior that can comfortably accommodate up to seven passengers while still providing ample cargo space. With a powerful turbodiesel engine under the hood, this large SUV offers an excellent balance of performance and fuel economy. The Q7 TDI’s luxurious features include supple leather upholstery, heated seats and advanced safety systems such as adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning system for a comfortable ride.
BMW X5 xDrive35d: German engineering and strong diesel power
Famous for its precise handling and sporty driving dynamics, the BMW X5 xDrive35d brings together German engineering excellence with a potent diesel engine. This model boasts not only impressive acceleration but also remarkable fuel efficiency thanks to its innovative plug-in hybrid technology which helps reduce emissions significantly compared gasoline engines found within competing vehicles today.
Mercedes-Benz GL350 Bluetec: state-of-the-art diesel technology
- Towing capacity: The Mercedes-Benz GL350 Bluetec offers a maximum towing capacity of 7,500 pounds, making it an ideal choice for those who need to haul heavy loads.
- Fuel efficiency: With its advanced diesel engine technology, the GL350 Bluetec achieves impressive fuel economy ratings without sacrificing performance or luxury features.
- Luxury amenities: As expected from a Mercedes-Benz vehicle, the GL350 Bluetec comes equipped with high-quality materials and state-of-the-art technologies like adaptive air suspension system ensuring utmost comfort during long drives across various terrains encountered along journeys undertaken by occupants onboard this luxurious SUV model.
In addition to these top contenders in the luxury diesel SUV market, there are other options available that offer three-row seating and excellent fuel efficiency. Before settling on a diesel-powered large SUV, it is important to consider all the available choices.
Luxury Diesel SUVs with 3-Row Seating offer a perfect combination of power, comfort and space for large families or those who need extra room. For off-road adventurers looking for the same features plus additional capability, Jeep’s Wrangler EcoDiesel is an excellent choice.
Key Takeaway: Luxury diesel SUVs with 3-row seating are a great option for those who need ample space and fuel efficiency. The Audi Q7 TDI, BMW X5 xDrive35d, and Mercedes-Benz GL350 Bluetec are top contenders in this market due to their powerful engines, luxurious features, and state-of-the-art technologies. Other options also exist for those looking for the perfect large diesel SUV that meets their needs.
Off-Road Capable Diesel SUVs with Extra Space
For off-road enthusiasts seeking both capability and fuel efficiency without compromising on space or luxury features, the Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel is an excellent choice. This rugged SUV comes equipped with a robust 3.0-liter V6 engine that produces impressive torque figures while achieving up to 29 MPG on highways.
Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel: Powerful Performance and Fuel Efficiency
The Jeep Wrangler’s off-roading capabilities are enhanced by the addition of a diesel engine, which offers superior performance and fuel economy. The powerful turbodiesel engine delivers ample power for tackling challenging terrain while also providing better gas mileage than traditional gasoline engines.
- Fuel Economy: With the diesel option, drivers can expect up to 22 MPG in city driving conditions and as much as 29 MPG on highways – significantly better than many other large SUVs.
- Towing Capacity: Thanks to its strong diesel powerplant, the Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel boasts a maximum towing capacity of up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped – perfect for hauling trailers or recreational vehicles during your adventures.
- Cargo Space: Despite being designed primarily for off-road use, this three-row SUV still offers plenty of cargo area behind its rear seats – making it ideal not only for outdoor expeditions but also everyday errands around town.
In addition to these practical benefits offered by the Jeep Wrangler’s diesel variant, drivers will also appreciate its various available trim levels catering different tastes preferences within off-roading community. From basic Sport model up luxurious Sahara High Altitude edition, there’s something everyone who wants experience thrill driving such capable vehicle equipped with an efficient diesel engine.
For those seeking even more versatility and luxury features in their off-road SUVs, the Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel is another option worth considering. This larger sibling of the Wrangler offers a similar diesel powertrain but adds increased passenger space and upscale amenities for a more comfortable ride on both paved roads and rugged trails alike.
Key Takeaway: The Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel is an excellent choice for off-road enthusiasts seeking both capability and fuel efficiency without compromising on space or luxury features. It comes equipped with a robust 3.0-liter V6 engine that produces impressive torque figures while achieving up to 29 MPG on highways, making it ideal not only for outdoor expeditions but also everyday errands around town. The Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel offers increased passenger space and upscale amenities for a more comfortable ride on both paved roads and rugged trails alike.
Large Diesel GM SUVs Perfect for Families
If you’re in the market for a large diesel SUV that’s perfect for families, General Motors offers some excellent options. The GMC Yukon and its sibling vehicle, the Chevrolet Suburban, are both fitted with powerful Duramax I-6 engines that provide ample towing capacity and generous cargo space.
GMC Yukon XL equipped with Duramax I-6 engine
The GMC Yukon is an ideal choice for those who need plenty of passenger space and a robust towing capacity. With its 3.0-liter inline-six turbodiesel engine, this full-size SUV boasts impressive fuel economy without sacrificing performance or capability. In addition to seating up to eight passengers comfortably, the Yukon also offers an expansive cargo area behind the third row of seats – perfect for family vacations or weekend adventures.
Fuel Efficiency and Towing Capacity
- Fuel efficiency: Up to 21 MPG city / 27 MPG highway (estimated)
- Towing capacity: Maximum towing capacity of 8,000 pounds when properly equipped
- Cargo space: Up to 144.7 cubic feet with all rows folded down (Yukon XL model)
Chevrolet Suburban offering spacious passenger accommodations
For even more interior room, consider the Chevrolet Suburban – another large GM SUV that shares many attributes with its GMC counterpart but provides additional seating configurations accommodating up-to nine passengers comfortably within its cavernous cabin area making it perfect larger groups during long trips together. The Duramax I-6 engine provides a powerful yet efficient drive experience, perfect for long trips with your family or friends.
Comfortable Seating and Cargo Space
- Seating capacity: Up to nine passengers with available front bench seat configuration
- Cargo space: 41.5 cubic feet behind the third row, expanding to a maximum of 144.7 cubic feet with all rows folded down (Suburban model)
The GMC Yukon and Chevrolet Suburban boast both an impressive interior space, with a seating capacity of up to nine passengers (Suburban model) and 41.5 cubic feet of cargo room behind the third row, expanding to 144.7 cubic feet when all rows are folded down; as well as luxury features, advanced safety technologies and excellent fuel economy for comfortable travels. With these large GM SUVs in your driveway, you can confidently tackle any family adventure or road trip while enjoying excellent fuel economy along the way.
The GMC Yukon XL and Chevrolet Suburban offer families a great combination of power, comfort, and convenience. The Cadillac Escalade takes indulgence to a higher level, featuring its sophisticated elements.
Key Takeaway: General Motors offers excellent options for families in the market for a large diesel SUV, such as the GMC Yukon and Chevrolet Suburban. Both vehicles are equipped with powerful Duramax I-6 engines that provide ample towing capacity and spacious interiors, making them perfect for family vacations or weekend adventures.
Cadillac Escalade With Advanced Features
The Cadillac Escalade is a luxury SUV that continues to impress discerning buyers, thanks to its cutting-edge entertainment systems and utmost convenience and safety measures. This full-size SUV offers an unparalleled driving experience with advanced features designed for comfort, performance, and style.
Cutting-Edge Entertainment Systems
The Cadillac Escalade is equipped with a cutting-edge infotainment system, featuring a 38-inch curved OLED display and dual 12.6-inch touchscreens for rear seat entertainment. The dashboard boasts a massive 38-inch curved OLED display that provides crisp visuals and easy access to various vehicle controls. Rear-seat occupants can experience amusement with two 12.6-inch touchscreens placed on the back of the front seats, allowing them to stream media from their devices or even send directions straight to the driver’s display.
Utmost Convenience and Safety Measures
In addition to its impressive entertainment options, the Cadillac Escalade ensures maximum convenience with several luxurious amenities such as heated and ventilated front seats, tri-zone automatic climate control, wireless smartphone charging pad, hands-free liftgate, panoramic sunroof among others. Furthermore, this large SUV prioritizes passenger safety by incorporating numerous advanced driver-assistance technologies like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, blind-spot monitoring system along with forward collision alert ensuring peace of mind during every journey undertaken onboard this luxurious model.
The combination of these high-end features makes it clear why the Cadillac Escalade remains a top choice for those seeking an opulent driving experience without compromising on performance or safety. With its advanced technology and luxurious amenities, this full-size SUV is perfect for families and individuals who demand the best in their vehicles.
The Cadillac Escalade presents a stunning range of advanced amenities, rendering it an ideal selection for comfort and luxury. Transitioning to Land Rover, this brand has become synonymous with off-road prowess due to its diesel options and superior performance capabilities.
Land Rover Diesel Options with Off-Road Prowess
Although Range Rover no longer offers diesel engines in its U.S. lineup, the 2023 Land Rover Range Rover HSE Sport powered by a TD6 engine still provides quiet and powerful performance for those seeking off-road capabilities with luxury amenities. The midsize Land Rover Discovery is another alternative that combines off-road prowess with an upscale driving experience.
2023 Land Rover Range Rover HSE Sport TD6 Engine
The 2023 Land Rover Range Rover HSE Sport, equipped with a 3.0-liter V6 turbodiesel engine, delivers impressive fuel efficiency while maintaining the power needed to tackle various terrains. This luxurious SUV boasts features such as Terrain Response 2, which automatically adjusts suspension settings based on road conditions, ensuring optimal handling and comfort during your adventures.
Fuel Economy & Performance of the TD6 Engine:
- Fuel Efficiency: Up to 22 MPG city / 28 MPG highway (EPA estimated)
- Horsepower: Approximately 254 hp @4000 RPMs
- Torque: Around 443 lb-ft @1750-2250 RPMs
- Towing Capacity: Maximum towing capacity of up to 7,716 lbs when properly equipped
Midsized Land Rover Discovery Offering Versatility
The versatile and stylish Land Rover Discovery is another excellent diesel option for those who want a balance of off-road capability and luxury. The Discovery features a 3.0-liter V6 turbocharged diesel engine, providing powerful performance with improved fuel efficiency.
Fuel Economy & Performance of the Land Rover Discovery:
- Fuel Efficiency: Up to 21 MPG city / 26 MPG highway (EPA estimated)
- Horsepower: Approximately 254 hp @3750 RPMs
- Torque: Around 443 lb-ft @1750-2250 RPMs
- Towing Capacity: Maximum towing capacity of up to 8,201 lbs when properly equipped
In addition to its performance capabilities, the Land Rover Discovery offers seating for up to seven passengers and an array of advanced technology features such as InControl Touch Pro infotainment system, Meridian sound system, and various driver assistance systems like Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keep Assist.
The Land Rover diesel options provide a distinctive blend of power and off-road capability, rendering them an ideal selection for those who desire both comfort and performance. Comparing the Audi Q7 TDI and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel reveals a contrast in design, comfort features, and off-road capabilities between the two diesel options available from Land Rover.
Key Takeaway: The 2023 Land Rover Range Rover HSE Sport and the midsize Land Rover Discovery are two diesel SUV options for those seeking off-road capabilities with luxury amenities. Both models offer impressive fuel efficiency, ample power, and advanced technology features such as Terrain Response 2 and InControl Touch Pro infotainment system.
Comparing Audi Q7 TDI and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel
When it comes to diesel SUVs with three-row seating, the Audi Q7 TDI and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel are both excellent options for car enthusiasts. Each vehicle offers unique features that cater to different driving preferences and needs.
Audi Q7 TDI’s Refined Design and Comfort Features
The Audi Q7 is a popular choice among luxury SUV drivers who appreciate its refined design, comfortable ride quality, and impressive fuel efficiency. The Audi Q7’s turbodiesel engine provides excellent performance and fuel efficiency, boasting an EPA-estimated 25 MPG combined city/highway driving.
- Luxury interior: The Audi Q7 offers a spacious cabin with high-quality materials, leather upholstery, heated front seats, tri-zone automatic climate control, panoramic sunroof, MMI infotainment system with Apple CarPlay®ï¸ compatibility.
- Safety features: Standard safety equipment includes forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking (Pre Sense City), rear cross-traffic alert (Rear Cross Traffic Assist), blind-spot monitoring (Side Assist).
- Cargo space: With all rows in use; the cargo area provides 14.8 cubic feet of storage which can be expanded up to 71.6 cubic feet when folding down second- and third-row seats.
Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel’s Impressive Off-Roading Abilities
For those who seek a more rugged and off-road capable diesel SUV, the Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel is an ideal choice. This midsize SUV features a 3.0-liter V6 turbodiesel engine that delivers ample power for towing and tackling challenging terrain while achieving up to 29 MPG on highways.
- Off-roading capabilities: The Grand Cherokee comes standard with rear-wheel drive, but four-wheel-drive systems like Quadra-Trac II®ï¸ or Quadra-Drive®ï¸ II are available for improved traction and control in various conditions.
- Towing capacity: With its maximum towing capacity of 7,200 pounds when properly equipped, the Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel can easily tow boats, trailers or other recreational equipment.
- Cargo space: Behind the second row of seats lies 36.3 cubic feet of cargo area which expands to a generous 68.3 cubic feet when folding down rear seats.
In comparing these two diesel SUVs with three-row seating options; it’s clear that both offer impressive performance and fuel efficiency alongside luxury features tailored towards their respective target audiences – whether you prefer refined design elements found within Audi Q7 TDI models or superior off-roading prowess offered by Jeep Grand Cherokees fitted with EcoDiesel engines.
Key Takeaway: The Audi Q7 TDI and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel are two excellent options for those looking for diesel SUVs with three-row seating. The Audi Q7 offers a refined design, luxury interior, safety features, and impressive fuel efficiency while the Jeep Grand Cherokee provides off-roading capabilities, towing capacity, cargo space and better fuel economy on highways.
Frequently Asked Questions Diesel Suv With 3 Row Seating
What is the best SUV diesel?
The best diesel SUV depends on individual preferences and needs. Some top contenders include the Audi Q7 TDI, BMW X5 xDrive35d, Mercedes-Benz GL350 Bluetec, Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel, GMC Yukon XL with Duramax I-6 engine, and Chevrolet Suburban. Factors to consider are luxury features, off-road capabilities, passenger accommodations and fuel efficiency.
What are the pros and cons of diesel SUVs?
Diesel SUVs offer better fuel economy compared to their gasoline counterparts due to higher energy density in diesel fuel. They also provide more torque for towing or off-roading purposes. However, they can be more expensive upfront than gas-powered models and may have higher maintenance costs over time. Additionally,emissions regulations could limit future availability.
What are 3 disadvantages of diesel engines?
- Noisier operation: Diesel engines tend to produce more noise during operation compared to gasoline engines.
- Maintenance cost: Due to complex components like high-pressure injection systems or particulate filters,maintenance costs can be higher for diesels.
- Emissions concerns: Diesel vehicles emit a greater amount of nitrogen oxides (NOx) which contribute significantly towards air pollution issues.
What is the benefit of a diesel SUV?
A primary benefit of owning a diesel SUV is improved fuel efficiency, which leads to longer driving range and lower overall fuel costs. Diesel engines also provide more torque, making them suitable for towing or off-roading activities. Additionally, diesel vehicles tend to have better resale value compared to their gasoline counterparts.
The Ford Expedition Diesel offers plenty of power and capability for those who need a large vehicle that can handle the toughest terrain. The Chevrolet Suburban Diesel is an ideal pick for those who need a dependable SUV that offers ample storage space. GMC Yukon XL Diesel provides ample interior room and performance when you need extra capacity in your travels. Finally, the Nissan Armada Diesel is ideal if you’re seeking luxury features at an affordable price point. All these vehicles offer different levels of comfort and convenience but they all provide powerful engines capable of taking on any adventure.
Explore our comprehensive list of the latest diesel SUVs with 3 row seating, and find your perfect fit today! Compare prices to get the best deal on a new SUV.
- Lincoln MKX vs Cadillac SRX: A Detailed SUV Comparison
- Nissan Murano vs Ford Explorer: An In-Depth SUV Showdown
- Battle of Luxuries: Maserati SUV vs Jaguar SUV Comparison
- Honda HR-V vs Chevy Trax: A Comprehensive SUV Showdown
- Honda Crosstour vs Toyota Venza: Detailed SUV Comparison
- Audi Q7 vs Porsche Cayenne: The Ultimate SUV Showdown
- Thrilling Speed: Your Ultimate Guide to the Quickest SUVs
- Apocalypse Jeep Price: A Deep Dive into Off-Road Luxury
- Discovering the Giants: A Journey Through the Heaviest SUVs
- Nissan Pathfinder vs Dodge Durango: An In-Depth SUV Showdown
- Exploring the Best Fuel Efficient Luxury SUVs Today
- Consumer Reports Unmasks: The Least Reliable SUVs of 2023
- Finding the Best SUV for Large Dogs: Comfort and Space Guide
- Discovering 2023’s Cheapest Electric SUVs for Value Seekers
- Exploring the Ins and Outs: What is a Full-Size SUV?
- Nissan Murano vs Ford Edge: A Comprehensive SUV Showdown
- Decoding the Average SUV Weight
- Subaru Showdown: Which is Bigger – Outback or Forester?
- Exploring What are the Most Reliable Used SUVs Today
- Mazda CX-3 vs CX-30: Comprehensive SUV Comparison Review