Best Affordable Crossovers SUV: Ultimate Guide 2023
When it comes to obtaining an inexpensive crossover SUV, there is a broad selection of models on the market. In this blog post, we will examine a variety of crossovers that offer an ideal combination of price, performance and features.
We will dive into popular models such as the Hyundai Kona, Honda HR-V, Nissan Rogue Sport, Mazda CX-3, Subaru Crosstrek, Toyota C-HR and Ford EcoSport. Each vehicle offers unique advantages that cater to different needs and preferences.
By comparing their prices and key features like fuel efficiency or highway driving capabilities in FWD models such as Mitsubishi Outlander Sport among others; you’ll be able to make an informed decision on which affordable crossover SUV suits your lifestyle best. Stay tuned as we delve deeper into each model’s strengths and weaknesses.
Table of Contents:
- Hyundai Kona
- a. Overview
- b. Price
- Honda HR-V
- Nissan Rogue Sport
- Mazda CX-3
- Frequently Asked Questions Affordable Crossovers Suv
1. Hyundai Kona
The Hyundai Kona is an affordable crossover SUV that offers a great value for its price. It has a stylish exterior, comfortable interior, and plenty of features to make it a great choice for car enthusiasts and SUV drivers. In this section, we’ll discuss the overview, price, and features of the Kona in detail.
The Hyundai Kona is a subcompact crossover SUV that was first introduced in 2017. With its eye-catching design and agile handling capabilities, it quickly gained popularity among those looking for an affordable yet stylish vehicle option perfect for city driving as well as highway driving adventures.
The base Hyundai Kona model has an MSRP of approximately $20,500, offering great value and excellent performance without skimping on quality. Higher trim levels offer additional features but still remain competitively priced compared to other vehicles within the same category.
- Safety: The Hyundai Kona comes with standard safety features such as forward collision-avoidance assist with pedestrian detection and lane keeping assist to ensure you stay safe on your journey.
- Fuel Efficiency: The FWD models boast impressive fuel efficiency ratings up to 30 MPG combined (27 city / 33 highway).
- Tech Features: Equipped with Apple CarPlay®ï¸ & Android Autoâ„¢ï¸ compatibility along with wireless device charging options makes staying connected while on-the-go easier than ever before.
- All-Wheel Drive Option: For those who require more traction in various driving conditions, the Kona also offers an all-wheel drive option for added peace of mind.
In addition to these features, the Hyundai Kona has received numerous awards and accolades, including being named a Car and Driver 10Best winner for 2023. The Hyundai Kona’s impressive combination of affordability, style, performance and safety has earned it numerous awards and accolades, including being named a Car and Driver 10Best winner for 2023. If you’re interested in learning more about the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport as another affordable crossover option with great highway driving capabilities, check out our detailed review here.
For those seeking an affordable yet feature-rich crossover SUV, the Hyundai Kona is a superb option. The Honda HR-V offers a stylish appearance and reliable power, providing more than just cost-effectiveness in its segment.
2. Honda HR-V
The Honda HR-V is an affordable crossover SUV that offers excellent value for its price. The HR-V boasts a modern aesthetic, generous cabin capacity, and an abundance of amenities that make it an alluring pick for car aficionados and SUV devotees alike. In this part, we’ll go into greater detail on the HR-V’s overview, cost and amenities.
The Honda HR-V is a subcompact crossover SUV that first hit the market in 2014. Since then, it has gained popularity among drivers who appreciate its practicality and affordability without compromising on style or performance. The latest model comes with various trim levels such as LX, Sport, EX-L Navi AWD offering different options to suit your preferences.
One of the main reasons why the Honda HR-V stands out as an affordable choice is its competitive pricing structure starting at just $21,395 for base models like LX FWD while higher trims can go up to around $27k (source: Kelley Blue Book). This makes it accessible even for those on tighter budgets looking for a reliable crossover SUV.
Beyond its reasonable pricing structure lies a wealth of features that make driving enjoyable:
- Fuel Efficiency: With EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings ranging from 28/34 mpg city/highway depending on configuration (source: FuelEconomy.gov), the HR-V is an economical choice for those who want to save on fuel costs.
- Versatile Cargo Space: The Honda HR-V boasts a generous cargo space of up to 58.8 cubic feet with rear seats folded down, thanks to its innovative Magic Seat system that allows you to configure the interior in various ways.
- Safety Features: Equipped with Honda Sensing suite of advanced safety and driver-assist technologies such as Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) and Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), the HR-V ensures a safer driving experience.
- Infotainment System: A user-friendly touchscreen infotainment system featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration makes it easy for drivers to stay connected while on the road.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for an affordable crossover SUV that offers style, practicality, and great features without breaking your budget, then consider giving the Honda HR-V a closer look.
For those seeking a cost-effective crossover SUV, the Honda HR-V is an ideal choice. With its impressive features and competitive price, it’s sure to satisfy your needs. Now let’s take a look at the Nissan Rogue Sport which offers similar benefits but with some unique advantages of its own.
3. Nissan Rogue Sport
The Nissan Rogue Sport is an affordable crossover SUV that provides great value for its price. The Rogue Sport offers an attractive exterior, commodious cabin and a variety of amenities that make it a desirable option for both vehicle aficionados and SUV owners. In this section, we’ll discuss the overview, price, and features of the Rogue Sport in detail.
The Rogue Sport, with its attractive price point and sleek exterior design, stands out among compact crossover SUVs while offering plenty of interior space for passengers and cargo. The Rogue Sport’s exterior presents an eye-catching look, providing generous interior room for passengers and cargo. With its fuel-efficient engine options and advanced safety features, the Rogue Sport is perfect for those who want style without sacrificing functionality.
One of the main reasons why the Nissan Rogue Sport is considered affordable lies in its competitive pricing structure compared to similar models on the market today. The base model starts at around $24,000 with higher trims such as SV or SL available at slightly higher prices depending on additional options chosen by buyers (source). The pricing of the Nissan Rogue Sport makes it an affordable option for many, without compromising on quality or performance.
- Safety: The Nissan Rogue Sport comes equipped with numerous standard safety features like Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection System which helps prevent collisions when pedestrians are detected ahead.
- Fuel Efficiency: Equipped with a 2-liter inline-4 engine, the Rogue Sport offers a combined fuel economy of 28 mpg (25 city/32 highway), making it an economical choice for daily driving (source).
- Interior Space: With seating for up to five passengers and a generous cargo area, the Rogue Sport provides ample space for both people and belongings. The rear seats can also be folded down to create even more storage room when needed.
- Tech Features: The Nissan Rogue Sport comes standard with features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, Bluetooth connectivity, and a touchscreen infotainment system that makes staying connected on-the-go easy.
The Nissan Rogue Sport is an affordable and stylish crossover SUV that provides great performance, safety features, interior space, and value for money. Its competitive pricing structure makes it accessible to car enthusiasts and SUV drivers alike who are looking for style without breaking the bank.
The Nissan Rogue Sport is a great choice for those looking to save money on their next SUV purchase. With its stylish exterior and impressive features, the Mazda CX-3 offers an even more attractive package at an affordable price point.
4. Mazda CX-3
The Mazda CX-3 is an affordable crossover SUV that offers good value for its price. It has a sporty look, comfortable cabin, and plenty of features to make it a desirable option for car enthusiasts and SUV drivers. In this section, we’ll discuss the overview, price, and features of the CX-3 in detail.
The Mazda CX-3’s aesthetic appeal and dynamic driving dynamics make it an attractive option for those seeking a rewarding ride. This compact crossover boasts sharp handling and responsive steering that makes it fun to drive on winding roads or through city streets. The fuel-efficient motor of the Mazda CX-3 assists in keeping costs down, providing an economical choice at the pump.
The 2023 Mazda CX-3 starts at $20,640 MSRP for the base Sport trim level with front-wheel drive (FWD). Adding all-wheel drive (AWD) increases the starting price to $22,040 MSRP. These prices are competitive within the subcompact SUV segment while still offering impressive performance capabilities and numerous standard features.
- Safety: The Mazda CX-5 comes equipped with advanced safety technologies such as Smart City Brake Support Forward Collision Warning System with Pedestrian Detection which helps prevent accidents in low-speed urban environments by applying brakes automatically if needed.
- Infotainment: A 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system comes standard on every model along with Apple CarPlay®ï¸and Android Autoâ„¢ integration allowing seamless connectivity between your smartphone device(s).
- Fuel Efficiency: The CX-3 is equipped with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that delivers up to an EPA-estimated 29 MPG city and 34 MPG highway, making it one of the more fuel-efficient options in its class.
- Interior Comfort: Despite its compact size, the Mazda CX-3 offers comfortable seating for up to five passengers and a surprisingly spacious cargo area behind the rear seats.
In addition to these features, there are several optional packages available for those who want additional amenities such as leather upholstery or advanced safety systems like adaptive cruise control. At an attractive price, the Mazda CX-3 provides a plethora of desirable features that appeal to car lovers and SUV drivers alike.
Frequently Asked Questions Affordable Crossovers Suv
Why are crossovers so cheap?
Crossovers are generally more affordable than traditional SUVs because they’re built on a car-based platform, which is less expensive to produce. Additionally, their smaller size and lighter weight lead to better fuel efficiency, reducing long-term ownership costs. Manufacturers also tend to equip them with cost-effective features and materials.
What is the best SUV on a budget?
The best budget-friendly SUV depends on individual preferences and needs. However, some popular options include the Hyundai Kona, Honda HR-V, Nissan Rogue Sport, Mazda CX-3, Subaru Crosstrek, Toyota C-HR, and Ford EcoSport. Each offers a unique blend of affordability (under $30k), features and performance.
Why buy a crossover SUV?
Purchasing a crossover SUV can be advantageous due to its combination of versatility (ample cargo space), drivability (car-like handling), fuel efficiency (better than larger SUVs) and affordability compared to full-size counterparts. These vehicles offer practicality for daily use while still providing elevated seating positions for improved visibility.
Is a crossover cheaper than an SUV?
In general terms: yes; crossovers tend to be more affordable than traditional body-on-frame or truck-based SUVs. This is primarily due to lower production costs associated with using car platforms as well as increased fuel economy resulting from their lighter weight design.
When it comes to affordable crossovers SUVs, there are plenty of great options available. From fuel economy to comfort levels, the Hyundai Kona, Honda HR-V, Nissan Rogue Sport and Mazda CX-3 provide a great balance of performance and practicality at an affordable price. The four vehicles provide a range of benefits that can suit any budget and lifestyle, from fuel efficiency to comfort.
Explore our comprehensive selection of affordable crossovers SUV and compare prices to find the perfect fit for your budget. Get started today and drive away in a great deal on an amazing vehicle!
- Lincoln MKX vs Cadillac SRX: A Detailed SUV Comparison
- Nissan Murano vs Ford Explorer: An In-Depth SUV Showdown
- Battle of Luxuries: Maserati SUV vs Jaguar SUV Comparison
- Honda HR-V vs Chevy Trax: A Comprehensive SUV Showdown
- Honda Crosstour vs Toyota Venza: Detailed SUV Comparison
- Audi Q7 vs Porsche Cayenne: The Ultimate SUV Showdown
- Thrilling Speed: Your Ultimate Guide to the Quickest SUVs
- Apocalypse Jeep Price: A Deep Dive into Off-Road Luxury
- Discovering the Giants: A Journey Through the Heaviest SUVs
- Nissan Pathfinder vs Dodge Durango: An In-Depth SUV Showdown
- Exploring the Best Fuel Efficient Luxury SUVs Today
- Consumer Reports Unmasks: The Least Reliable SUVs of 2023
- Finding the Best SUV for Large Dogs: Comfort and Space Guide
- Discovering 2023’s Cheapest Electric SUVs for Value Seekers
- Exploring the Ins and Outs: What is a Full-Size SUV?
- Nissan Murano vs Ford Edge: A Comprehensive SUV Showdown
- Decoding the Average SUV Weight
- Subaru Showdown: Which is Bigger – Outback or Forester?
- Exploring What are the Most Reliable Used SUVs Today
- Mazda CX-3 vs CX-30: Comprehensive SUV Comparison Review